Monday, November 11, 2019

Sometimes you don't mess with perfection.



No one else in the house eats cornbread but now that it's cold outside I want it all the time.  With eggs, with soup, as a snack.  I've tried a couple different recipes like the one above that while not being outright failures they were just ok. Mostly they were fed to the chickens who were overjoyed.

Then yesterday I finally hit perfection.


Sweet, chewy and light with an amazing corn flavor.  The cornbread of dreams.  How did I achieve this masterpiece?


Yep.  Jiffy corn muffin mix.  49 cents a box.  I gave in to temptation and was rewarded.

Ingredients include:

 "WHEAT FLOUR, DEGERMINATED YELLOW CORN MEAL, SUGAR, ANIMAL SHORTENING (LARD, HYDROGENATED LARD, TOCOPHEROLS PRESERVATIVE, BHT PRESERVATIVE, CITRIC ACID PRESERVATIVE), CONTAINS LESS THAN 2% OF EACH OF THE FOLLOWING: BAKING SODA, SODIUM ACID PYROPHOSPHATE, MONOCALCIUM PHOSPHATE, SALT, WHEAT STARCH, NIACIN, REDUCED IRON, TRICALCIUM PHOSPHATE, THIAMINE MONONITRATE, RIBOFLAVIN, FOLIC ACID, SILICON DIOXIDE."

I don't know what half that crap is and I don't care.   It's absolutely delicious.  The chickens aren't getting any of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment