Wednesday, October 26, 2016

1974 Metzendorf Camper - more pictures

I took some more pictures of the Metzendorf the other day.  You can see the first post here.


To the right of the exterior door.  I'll eventually re-paint this.

Here's the total interior.  This is to the right of the entrance.  The star burst table folds down and both benches slide out to make a bed.  There is storage under the bench seats.  These curtains are going good-bye *shudder*.  I would like to add a tiny shelf for my collection of field guides somewhere handy to the dinette. 


In front of you is the kitchenette with a 3 burner range, a refrigerator and sink.  No interest in cooking inside the camper so I've been looking for a vintage Coleman propane stove. They're not expensive new either, like $40.

 

To the back of the camper is the bench seat/pull out bed.  There is storage under the bench and you can access it from the outside of the camper - it's intended to store things like the camping jacks and extension cords.  To either side of the small window you can see the brackets where a hammock can be hung for additional sleeping space.  We have the origional hammock.


To the left of the door is the propane heater and closet.  It really needs some shelves in it to be functional for us.  This is where I'll store towels, toiletries, linens, etc.  Also a mirror because yes, I'm camping but I'm still a woman.


Here's one of the light fixtures.  They work. Yes, they do!


And the flooring.


I am so excited to take it out.  This is such a great find and the perfect size for our family.  It's so small and lightweight you can can actually pick up the camper by the tongue and move it around by hand.  Which means I don't need to be too accurate backing it up. (laughs).  I've never backed up a camper before but there's a first time for everything.

I've been collecting vintage camping stuff for a couple of years at yard sales and auctions.  Enamelware pots & pans, Hudson Bay wool point blankets and Coleman coolers.  A beaver pelt bought for $1 at a church basement sale.  Things that are perfectly functional and beautiful.  Things in the style of this Pinterest photo.


I'll post pictures when it's on the road and all decked out.  Hurry up, spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment