Monday, November 16, 2020

100th card, seeds, baby bill


Here is my 100th card sent through Postcrossing! This one is going to a woman in Albany, New York who likes book recommendations and homemade cards. These titles are all my favorites, snuck 2 cookbooks in there. It was a lot of fun to make and relaxing. Took photos so I can have it printed into actual postcards to send to more people, many people ask to hear about a favorite book on the card they receive.  I also received my 100th card today! It came from a librarian in Ohio. I want to take a big photo collage of the cards we have gotten to share here.

I've ordered some alpine strawberry seeds through Baker Creek. It is just November and they are out of stock for probably 1/3 of their inventory.  It's unsettling.  I think there are many people who feel very nervous about our food supply. I will get my major seed order in soon and will try a smaller company. We don't need much.


Speaking of food, it took every ounce of self control not to stop and put this in the car today. The state is releasing phesants, farm raised phesants,  and they are notoriously dumb having no experience in the wild. This guy is hunkered by the side of a very busy road frozen in fear. I badly want to cook one, you can't buy them. I'm sure I could have just picked him up.  Probably someone else did.


The bill for baby P came in the mail today. For those not in the U.S., yes that is what it costs to give birth here. This isn't even the whole pregnancy  just the 48 hours in the hospital.  The $45 fee is because that is all we had remaining to pay on our sky high deductible plan. However, we are lucky to have insurance obviously. 


And lucky to have a friend that has made a gorgeous silk quilt for every baby in this house. Handsewn, even.

Going to attempt a quick nap and then into the kitchen.  Made some fun things lately so hopefully the next post will be about food.

2 comments:

  1. We just converted your bill to pounds, thank goodness for our NHS. Love the quilt, lucky boys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Healthcare here is unbelievably expensive without insurance. It's shameful.

      Delete