Friday, April 1, 2022

Goodbye March

 March has come and gone. It was a really busy month here. The kids were all horribly sick one week but still:

We took a visit to the lake.


Took the kids to the Natural History Museum in Pittsburgh.




It was fantastic. 

Here were my goals for the month:


I finished The Collector.  


Oh, yikes, that one was a hard read. It's the "first modern psychological thriller " according to cover. It's about a lonely young man who kidnaps a girl he's been admiring for a far and installs her in a soundproof apartment he's built in the basement.  The story is told from both his point of view and a journal she kept during the time she was there.  I read quite a bit of horror and noir but this... yikes.  There's no sex or violence in the book but it still disturbed me for days after. The takeaway being: if someone really wants to chloroform/kidnap you, good luck.  The woman also had several chances to escape and didn't as she was so committed to non-violence she almost refused to help herself. It was depressing.  

So it was a while before I started another book. Thankfully,  Anxious People is a delight.

Then I got the bright idea to start a BIG project,  which is setting up my own card catalog. 


I'll be at that one a long while.

A project I did do, rather quickly, was to cut a deck of playing cards. Sections of each card are cut away and then the deck reassembled for a 3D effect. 


These were my main sections, I cut many of each of these then put the deck back together.

Here is the finished deck. I am very happy and have started a second one.


Side view:


Scraps made into postcards:


Postcrossing is still happening. Mail has been suspended to Russia and Ukraine.  I used to send a LOT of cards to Russia so it feels...  odd to have part of the world shut off again.  What a horrible time to be living in those countries. It puts a person's own small problems in perspective. 

Outside:


I made maple syrup again. We ended up with a gallon for the house.


I had fun with bread:


Made a cake:


Then the cat ate half of it before I could serve it.


And there is one more thing that no one really knows except my husband. I haven't had a drink in three weeks. Which is.... a big deal. It's embarrassing even writing that but who am I kidding, I probably wasn't fooling anyone anyway.  So, there it is.

I don't know what April is going to bring. Fishing tomorrow morning, hopefully getting the camper out next weekend, starting seeds, Easter. Maybe chickens again. 

Hope everyone is well during these times. 

9 comments:

  1. With 3 lads you are a busy mum, yet you do so many brilliant things, I'm looking forward to our family Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That card-art object is beautiful. What a patience you must have and a steady hand (so also a yay on the not drinking;-). When our boys were young we also had a dinosaur time. Every piece of stone they dug up in the garden was a dino tooth...and had to be kept. Must say your cat has could taste but I can imagine you did not aprove at the time.. Great hectic month, let us see what April brings.
    Kindest regards,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pg slot แตกง่าย เกมแจ็คพอต PG SLOT เป็นอีกหนึ่งต้นแบบเกมทำเงินยอดนิยมเยอะที่สุดในปี 2021 นี้ มีเรื่องราวชักชวนติดตาม และก็มีภาพกราฟิกที่ชัดเจนงดงามสูงที่สุดอีกด้วยเล่นเลย

    ReplyDelete
  4. โปร สล็อต pg slot จากเว็บสล็อตออนไลน์ PG-SLOT.GAME ที่ยกเกมสล็อตออนไลน์จากค่ายดังมาอย่างหลากหลายค่ายเกม เช่น pg slot jili joker และอื่นๆอีกมากมายในเว็บเดียว มาแรง 2022

    ReplyDelete
  5. pg slot เว็บใหม่ ในขณะนี้ขอชี้แนะเลยว่าการที่คุณเลือกใช้เกม รวมเว็บไซต์ pg ของพวกเราในวันนี้จะสามารถทำให้ทุกคนส่งผลคุณประโยชน์ และจากนั้นก็ความสนุกสนานร่าเริง สุดมันส์

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pg slot gaming เกมสล็อตสมาชิกใหม่ยอดนิยมอีกทั้งในรวมทั้งเมืองนอกเป็นเกมเสี่ยงดวงอีกแบบหนึ่ง ที่ได้กำลังเป็นที่นิยมไปทั้งโลก ขอแนะนำค่าย pg slot เป็นค่ายที่มีภาพสวยเกมสนุก

    ReplyDelete
  7. วิธี สมัคร pg slot สมัครง่าย ผ่านระบบอัตโนมัติ 3 วินาที ทำให้ทุกคนเพลิน ไปกับการเล่น pgslot สล็อต ได้ทุกหนทุกแห่ง ส่วนวิธีการลงทะเบียนนั้น ไม่ยุ่งยากเหมือนอย่างที่คิด

    ReplyDelete
  8. ทางเข้า BET168 เว็บเดิมพันออนไลน์เองโดยเจ้าของคาสิโน UFABET ระบบ ในขณะที่เว็บเดิมพันออนไลน์ส่วนใหญ่มักจะผ่านเอเย่นต์ PG SLOT หรือการที่มีนายหน้าในการสร้างยูฟ่าจริงอยู่กับการ

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow slot มาใหม่ สล็อตเว็บไซต์ใหญ่ที่สุด รวมเว็บไซต์ wow slot เครดิตฟรี 100 ปัจจุบันทั้งผอง สล็อตเว็บไซต์ตรงไม่ผ่านเอเย่นต์สล็อตชั้น 1รวมเกมสล็อต pgslot เว็บไซต์ ตรงมาใหม่

    ReplyDelete