Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Morning at the lake, other stuff


A cool morning with a nice breeze. Win!

Still working my way through the "Couch to 5K in 8 weeks" app on my phone. Due to children and weather I am currently on week 5 when I should be done with it, oh well.  It absolutely amazes me that i can run for 8 minutes at a stretch now without dying. 


Hot, sweaty, probably stinky and suprised at myself. Who would have thought? Maybe this is my mid-life crisis.


I've started going to a local lake because 1) it's cooler 2) WAY more fun and 3) more private because, well, sweat (refer to selfie above)


This isn't even a hill, it's a small incline. Never before wished the world was flat.


Here she is, watching.

Something unexpected and delightful happened this morning,  I was actively followed by this doe. Running may not kill me, but by the end of the timed part it's pretty ugly. I think she was curious about the heaving panting noises I was making. Three times within a minute I turned around to see her a safe distance behind me, ears pricked, watching intently.  The sounds she was hearing were not unline a deer grunting.  She must have followed along each time my back was turned.

What else.


And there was a day when we were all climbing the walls and I sent them out to play. In the rain. I went too. No one melted. 


The oldest 2 and I slept out again one cool night.  It was nice to read by lantern light.


Not even sure where this book came from, found it cleaning. It was an engaging, easy read.  I would read it again. Yesterday I started the book Fight Club. Love, love the writing but it's a shame already knowing the big plot twist thanks to the movie.

Obligatory cat picture:

 

We were growing carrots in this basket.  It's now a cat bed.


2 comments:

  1. Well done for tackling couch to 5K, I love you have a doe watching your progress, the lake looks a perfect spot. As kids we always played in the rain, we were outside most of the time in our childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I give you complete kudos. Running anything right now sounds like a disaster to me. And followed by a doe none the less! Your deer whispering skills must be better than you know ;)

    ReplyDelete