Friday, July 30, 2021

A day away, what else is new


Today my mom's beach bag and I played hooky from being a mom and drove up to Lake Erie to spent the day.  All By Myself.  No husband.  No kids. I ate at Sheetz, went to souvenir shops, fell asleep on my blanket, got sunburned and gave zero craps about how I looked in a bathing suit. It was glorious. 


I mean, look at this view.


Here are more pictures. 



Look at these!


I brought home some big rocks and a bag of beautiful pebbles to share.


Here was the view at Walnut Creek. The surf was pretty wild there. 

I felt like myself for the first time in a long time.

In other news:.



Finished this book last night. It's a story about a pandemic that causes the collapse of civilization within days of arrival in Canada.  The book opens with the death of an actor, from a heart attack,  onstage during King Lear. Mostly it takes place 20 years after the pandemic and follows the lives of serveral survivors who knew that man. It was beautiful and I did cry at one point.  I did not continue reading Fight Club.  My books are secondhand and I didn't realize that the previous owner had highlighted all through it. I'll look for another copy.


Love this hosta. Two hostas growing together? It's very pretty. 


Took the oldest 2 camping last weekend at a local place with our neighbor and her son. My husband stayed home with the baby. It rained at night but we had so much fun. 


Aldi had little strings of LED lights for $3. They look really cute in the camper.


Mr. H. turned 6 yesterday! Life is passing by so quickly. 

1 comment:

  1. How quickly they grow up, our grandson Will starts school in September, we are going to miss his midweek visits. Your me day sounded delightful, time to relax and rest is priceless.

    ReplyDelete