Sunday, March 3, 2019

Toys from the attic

This afternoon we got into the attic and brought down some toys that the oldest loved when he was little. The baby is just the right age for them now.


Everyone was very excited.


This tiny rocking chair absolutely breaks my heart. My grandpa made it as a young father and my mother and all of her brothers used it when they were toddlers. Then my generation came along and I used it along with all of my cousins.  I grabbed it before the farmhouse was auctioned. And here we are. Another generation of little people and an older generation lost. 

And so it goes, I guess.

4 comments:

  1. Love the history of the rocker, clever you for keeping itin your family. It's a beautiful chair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that rocking chair! So sweet it's been through everyone in your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. It's wonderful and sad at the same time.

      Delete