Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Tiny Taco Tuesday

Today the oldest and I read one of his favorite books Dragons Love Tacos.  We don't have any dragons lying around but we do have dinosaurs.  Lots of dinosaurs.  So we turned it into Dinosaurs Love Tacos.  It's a harrowing tale of of a little boy, Robbie, who thows a taco party but forgets to hide all of the spicy salsa. 


We made tiny tacos out of construction paper and tape.


And fed them to all the dinosaurs. 


Who promptly set the house on fire with their spicy breath.  We do a lot of improvising with this story. Robbie : "Oh, snickerdoodles!  My parents told me not to have a party while they were gone and now THIS happens!" Dog: "Yep. That was a bad idea".


Dragon: " Hey man, it's not that bad, really. You can barely tell."
Robbie: "WE BURNT DOWN THE HOUSE!"

Of course the dragons build a new one and it all works out. 

This book is so funny. I wish I could remember who gave it to us, we've had it forever. 

1 comment: