Tuesday, February 20, 2018

A baby on the way

I've alluded to big changes on the way in a couple of my posts and it's time to come clean and quit dancing around the subject.  We're having another baby!  I'm actually pretty far long by this point and we're going to have another boy this summer.  Wow... two little boys.  I will be outnumbered. My personal contingency plan is to move into the camper.

Things are going to have to change a bit around here.  The garden will be smaller and more manageable. Nothing is getting expanded or added to this year.

I find myself re-reading Erica's wonderful post at NW Edible Life  and being torn between "can you please just agree to slow down for goodness sake" and "your grandmother helped run a farm with 7 small children, quit being a baby." Probably slowing down will win out since my biggest dream right now is just napping. Also, my grandpa built my grandma a fenced "baby pen" out in the yard to contain the little ones and I don't have one of those.  Nowadays someone would probably call child services about that anyway.

Well, there you have it. Growing another little one.  Not a bad way to spend the spring.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, exciting times ahead, how ever you plan your pregnancy, plan loads of rest.

    ReplyDelete