Saturday, July 23, 2016

Found her!

I was changing the little man's shirt after his nap and glanced out the window in time to see the banty hen in the garden.  She was ducking in and out of the cabbages in a weird way.  I paused.  It clicked. You have got to be kidding me, I thought.

I have been all over that garden looking for a nest.  The cabbages (literally right up against the coop) have been looking particularly bad as of late but I chalked it up to heat, no rain and being trod upon by the turkeys.

I went outside and walked over to the cabbages. Stared.  Nothing. Then I lifted up a leaf and there she was, on a nest.  She ran off of it and I saw probably a dozen eggs before I put the leaf quickly back. Yep, she's so small this entire thing is happening under a single cabbage leaf.

Mystery solved.

No comments:

Post a Comment