Monday, July 4, 2016

Daily Rounds

A couple of times a day I load the little man into his stroller and we go do our rounds. Sometimes this happens:


 We rescue turkey poults who have gotten curious about what's on the other side of the fence.  


We stop to pick whatever's fresh for dinner.



We feed and water all the poultry and gather up the eggs.  Someone new has just started laying and I think it's the red ranger hen that I kept.  The ducks don't trust us and I don't blame them.


We check on the wild berries.  It looks like it's going to be a great year for berries and I'd like to make some jam.


We take a peek at the beehives.



And we come back inside to make dinner. This is what we had from the garden today, stir-fried.  Added scrambled eggs and hosin sauce and served the whole thing over rice.





2 comments:

  1. I so enjoyed hearing about your day. I am so happy you decided to do this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy! I'm really having a lot of fun writing! Thanks for reading!

      Delete