Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Missing my mother


My mother died 4 years ago, when I was 6 months pregnant with my first son. I think of her every single day. Some days are not too terrible, other days it's a bit much. Those are the days when I turn on Neil Diamond, remember the time she and I saw him live (5th row center ! I had dreadlocks!) have a glass of wine at an inappropriate hour and have a dance party with the children to songs a like Cherry Cherry, Walk on Water and I Got The Feeling.

It doesn't make it easier to forget. It makes it easier to remember.

She got tipsy once a year from a single wine cooler but I would like to think she would forgive me for it.

1 comment:

  1. My mum passed 13 years ago and I still miss her, glad you can put a record on and feel close to her.

    ReplyDelete