Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Snow day

We had our first real snow last night and are expecting more tomorrow. It was a beautiful day and not as cold as it looked. 
I joke these are my "sexy clothes". Not pictured: blaze orange hunting stocking cap. 

The little feral group that live in a pine tree. I could not convince these idiots to get out of the weather.

Clearing a path for Santa.

Mama and little man family portrait.  I'm lucky he's a little outdoorsman.

Snow angels.

Geese and ducks on the move. They love the snow too and leaving the gate open in this weather is awesome because the waterfowl range but the chickens aren't out kicking mulch everywhere. They hate snow. I brushed off the ramp this morning while they all looked out the door suspiciously.  "Nigel! Tell your ladies to get their asses out here and have breakfast. It's just snow!" I may have said to the rooster. No go.

It was a good day and I'm grateful we were able to enjoy it. 

2 comments:

  1. Many years ago on a very slow Christmas eve at the hospital where I worked, several of us nurse and one goofy doctor went out onto the hospitals helicopter landing pad and made snow angels. So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donna, I've been reading your blog for a couple of years and why does this not suprise me :) I'm betting you still do this when no one is looking.

      Delete