Thursday, April 27, 2017

Camper for sale, baking day

It's time to sell the Shasta. We parked it in the front yard last night with a sign out front and I posted it to 5 different Craigslist sites within an hour and a half radius.  Still more than a little depressed about this because there are so many things that I LOVE about the Shasta (the light!) ( the room!) but this just isn't the right camper for us at this stage in our lives.  It WOULD be perfect for someone to decorate and turn into an outdoor guesthouse but that person is not me.  We don't have overnight guests and our property looks hillbilly enough without parking a camper in the yard permanently. I listed it at $1,800. It has brand new tires and the bearings were just packed.


So far I've received six different scam offers and a gentleman offering to trade me for a boat.


It's been so depressing that the only thing to do today is bake. I'm making rhubarb coffee cake and bread.  Maybe alternating between eating myself into a coma and playing with the new goslings will take my mind off things.

7 comments:

  1. Sounds a tough way to sell a camper! When we sold our van we knew it was the end of an era but no way could we use it with our little tribe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's gotten better, the phone has been beeping nonstop with people texting about it. Do you have pictures of the old camper van? I'd love to see it.

      Delete
  2. Aw dear, what a pain in the rear!! Hope you get sorted soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That gosling is ridiculously cute btw! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are knee deep in babies here! These are my first geese and it's hard to get anything done because i just want to be out in the garage snuggling them. Wow, baby ducks and chicks are cute but baby geese are up there with kittens and puppies on the adorable scale!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete