Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Spicy noodles with greens

It was 3:00 yesterday and I was still trying to decide what to make for dinner.  I think I googled something like "what to cook" and found This Spicy Pan-Fried Noodles recipe from the New York Times. Went back and forth on purchasing sesame oil at the store ($3!) and ended up getting it - so glad I did - it added a very familiar savory flavor that is common in a lot of Chinese food but I could never pinpoint.  Made it with an entire bag of frozen spinach.  Only kind of embarrassed to admit that I had not only seconds, but thirds.

Something to absolutely make again.  When eggs and chard are in full swing here I make a ton of Pad Thai because it's a handy way to use up 6 eggs and a lot of greens - I'm glad I have this one in my pocket now for the same reason.


No comments:

Post a Comment